Welcome to Natalie Raynes Music. I’m a pianist, teacher, and performer in the beautiful Upstate of South Carolina. I’m blessed to have the opportunity to work with church musicians and pianists around the world through video lessons, live tutorials on Instagram and Facebook, YouTube videos, web courses, and more.
- Tell me about the Basic Congregational Accompaniment Course: “Basic Congregational Accompaniment” includes 20 Video Lessons and 20 downloadable hymn arrangements that will teach you the basic patterns and styles for congregational and invitational playing. The hymn arrangements all include 2-3 different verses of each hymn, with lyrics and chords. They are written at an intermediate note-reading level, but some include a more basic verse at the beginning. Several also include a more advanced verse, all while staying playable and full-sounding! You can watch and re-watch the lessons as often as you’d like with lifetime access to the course!
- Tell me about the Foundation in Hymn-Playing Course: “Foundations in Hymn-Playing” includes 11 Video Lessons that teach you the basics of playing chords, understanding theory, and playing in multiple time signatures, styles, and keys. Just using a hymnal of your choice, you’ll learn the essentials for a church pianist in 2.5 hours of comprehensive content. You can watch and re-watch the lessons as often as you like with lifetime access to the course after purchase.
- Will the course be shipped to me? No, this is a virtual course, and you have access to all the content as soon as you purchase. You’ll click on your course at the top of the home page, then log-in with your email address and password (which is included in your confirmation email you’ll receive after purchase).
- How do I access the sheet music for the Basic Congregational Accompaniment course? There will be a list of links in your confirmation email. All the sheet music files can be printed from that email.
- Is any sheet music included in the Foundations in Hymn-Playing course? No, this course is designed to be taken with just a hymnal.
- Which course should I take first? It depends. The Foundations in Hymn-Playing course is designed for the note-reader and the pianist who plays by ear. There is a lesson on basic chords and theory, so if you feel like you need that information, I’d recommend starting there. If you play by ear, and want to learn more about fill-ins and ways to make your playing sound more full, start with the Foundations course. If you’re an intermediate note-reader (or more advanced), and you prefer to see the patterns written out entirely, I’d recommend starting with the Basic Congregational Accompaniment Course. It includes twenty hymn arrangements that you can use for congregational accompaniment, offertories, special music, preludes, and more.
- Can I sign up for weekly lessons? At this time, I do not have open availability for weekly lessons, but one-time lessons may be purchased on the Shop page. If you’d like to be placed on the waiting list, contact me below.
To find out more about live video lessons, or to ask about my availability to play for your wedding, special event, or service, just send me a message at any of the outlets above or through my contact page here on the site!
Read more about me here!
Thanks for visiting the site! Please leave me a comment with any questions you have, topics you’d love to see covered on a future tutorial, tips or suggestions!